About Dr. Nancy Underwood
I have doctorate in Clinical Psychology with a specialized focus in neuropsychology. I have provided psychological services for more than eight years in a variety of settings including: hospitals (inpatient and outpatient), community mental health clinics, university and school settings, and with cognitive rehabilitation teams.
Currently I maintain a private practice in Nipomo, California. Before moving to the Central Coast, I had a private practice in Palo Alto, California. I also served as as a neuropsychologist in a community based rehabilitation team focused on recovery from neurological conditions. In addition, in the Bay Area I also worked as a clinical psychologist treating patients with chronic pain, depression, anxiety and associated concerns.
Prior to making the transition to psychology, I earned a bachelors degree in Business Administration, followed by 16 years in Silicon Valley working in high-tech sales and marketing for companies including Apple, International Data Corporation, and NCR. In these roles I successfully managed sales, mentored employees and maintained long-term relationships with partners and clients.
An international move to Australia afforded me another experience of personal transformation. During my years in Australia I earned my undergraduate degree in psychology, with honors. I am proud to hold dual citizenship in both Australia and my home country, the United States of America.
In summary, my diverse range of personal and professional experiences, in both psychology and business is well suited to the work that I do with my Central Coast-based clients.
- California Licensed Psychologist PSY24588
- California Psychological Association, Divisions I and VIII
- American Psychological Association, Divisions 40 and 42
- Central Coast Psychological Association
Education & Additional Training
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, CSPP at Alliant International University, San Francisco, CA
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, CSPP at Alliant International University, San Francisco, CA
- Bachelor of Science Honours, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
I completed my internship and post-doctoral fellowship with a focus on neuropsychology and rehabilitation at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center’s Brain and Spinal Cord Rehabilitation units, a Level 1 trauma center.